LOCATION: We will be meeting at the 894 Richmond Plaza (next to Kroger), Richmond, KY for our 2014 meetings (Jan-Nov). The meeting starts at 7:00pm, but come at 6:30pm to network beforehand.
The Chick Chat Agenda
1. Organization Updates: Updates and News from the President, the Treasurer, the Secretary, as well as committee updates from Membership, Community Outreach, Scholarship and Communications.
2. Speaker of the Month: David Rowlette, Executive Director of Berea Chamber of Commerce
Title: How Babes can get Engaged in Berea's Chamber
About the Presentation:David will go over the following points: 1. History of the
Chamber of Commerce; 2. Benefits of Chamber Membership; 3. Chamber Projects and Activities; 4. Opportunities to get Involved
About the Speaker:
Mr. Rowlette was born and raised in Berea, Kentucky and is a 5th generation Berean. He holds a B.S. in Industrial Education and a M.A. in Education from Eastern Kentucky University. He taught in the colleges and universities in Louisiana, Illinois and Kansas for ten years before returning to Kentucky in 1995. He worked in Frankfort as Director of Education and Training and the Executive Director of a quasi state agency and economic development initiative throughout the Patton administration.
David currently serves as Executive Director of the Berea Chamber of Commerce, a position he has held for ten years. David is a master craftsman of fine furniture and won a national contest sponsored by Stanley Tools as a high student. He and his students have won national and international recognition for their work. David is married to Sandy Childs Rowlette, a Deputy Clerk in Kenny Barger’s office at the Madison County Courthouse. He is the father of three beautiful children: Matt an 8th grader at Foley Middle School, Leanna, a senior at Eastern Kentucky University and Sarah, who is the Director of Communications for the Kentucky Retail Federation in Frankfort.
3. Other News: Announcements and updates.
4. BABES ON THE SPOT: Each babe and meeting guest have 20-30 seconds to introduce themselves and their business to the group, as well as any exciting news or specials regarding their business.
- Welcome new members.
- Go over events: Berea Chamber coffee & tea, Make S'more Friends, and Unwind & Mastermind