LOCATION: We will be meeting at the 894 Richmond Plaza (next to Kroger), Richmond, KY for our meetings (Jan-Nov). The meeting starts at 7:00pm, but come at 6:30pm to network beforehand.
The Chick Chat Agenda
1. Organization Updates: Updates and News from the President, the Treasurer, the Secretary, as well as committee updates from Membership, Community Outreach, Scholarship and Communications.
2. Speaker of the Month: Karen Hood, Ph.D., Marketing Professor at EKU
Title: Marketing Perspectives
About the Presentation: Dr. Karen Hood will speak to the Babes about trends and resources for startup and small businesses.
About the Speaker: Dr. Karen Hood has more than 15 years of experience in marketing and public relations, working with major corporations in the consumer products, retail, and non profit industries. She earned a Ph.D. in Marketing from University of Tennessee and has been teaching marketing at the university level since 2001. Her current research focuses on marketing and public health, and she emphasizes engagement in the local business community through mentorship and real world projects in the classroom.
3. Other News: Announcements and updates.
4. BABES ON THE SPOT: Each babe and meeting guest have 20-30 seconds to introduce themselves and their business to the group, as well as any exciting news or specials regarding their business.
- Welcome new members.
- Announce new Scholarships
- Go over plans for Junk Junk Jamboree & Crab Feast
- BabesEngaged: How can members get involved?