LOCATION: We will be meeting at the 894 Richmond Plaza (next to Kroger), Richmond, KY for our meetings (Jan-Nov). The meeting starts at 7:00pm, but come at 6:30pm to network beforehand.
The Chick Chat Agenda
1. Organization Updates: Updates and News from the President, the Treasurer, the Secretary, as well as committee updates from Membership, Community Outreach, Scholarship and Communications.
2. Speaker of the Month: Jennifer Napier, of Jennifer Napier Career Consulting
Title: Management & Organization of Home Based Business
About the Presentation: Operating a successful home based business shouldn't be chaotic, but it will require self-discipline, determination, focused effort, and careful planning. Attend August's meeting to learn tips from JNCC on how to set-up and grow your home based business from a messy kitchen table start-up, to a well-organized and professionally managed, in-home office.
Topics to be addressed will include:
- Setting up your home office
- Zoning, licenses, & insurance
- Securing your office & protecting files
- Professional image & appearance
- Managing a work-life balance
- Goal setting
- Establishing a resource library
- Budgeting, revenue streams, & retirement
- Importance of networking
- Self-development & continuing education
- Outsourcing to professionals and contractors
- Developing an exit strategy for when you close, retire, or sell
About the Speaker:
Jennifer Napier Career Consulting, JNCC, is independently owned and operated by Jennifer Napier and based in Central Kentucky. JNCC is a proud member of both the Richmond and Berea Chambers of Commerce. Jennifer Napier has earned both her Bachelor's Degree and her Master's Degree from Eastern Kentucky University located in Richmond, Kentucky.
Jennifer has over 14 years of professional experience and service in Kentucky. Her professional roles have included:
- Residential Substance Abuse Counselor
- Mental Health Services Coordinator
- WIA (Workforce Investment Act) Out-of-School Youth Program Director
- Kentucky Workforce Development Instructor and Training Provider
- Kentucky Adult Education, Program Director
- American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (ARRA) Funded Job Access Program Manager
- Instructional Provider at the University & Community College level
- Successful Entrepreneur & Small Business Owner
3. Other News: Announcements and updates.
4. BABES ON THE SPOT: Each babe and meeting guest have 20-30 seconds to introduce themselves and their business to the group, as well as any exciting news or specials regarding their business.
- Welcome new members.
- pending ...