LOCATION: We will be meeting at the 894 Richmond Plaza (next to Kroger), Richmond, KY for our meetings (Jan-Nov). The meeting starts at 7:00pm, but come at 6:30pm to network beforehand.
The Chick Chat Agenda
1. Organization Updates: Updates and News from the President, the Treasurer, the Secretary, as well as committee updates from Membership, Community Outreach, Scholarship and Communications.
Special Breast Cancer Awareness Event with two speakers who are bringing awareness to survivors' stories and how we can continue to "fight like a girl"!
2. Speaker(s) of the Month:
Lara MacGregor, Founder of the International Hope's Scarves
Title: Scarf & Story Drive Kickoff
We are so excited to announce that our keynote speaker will be Lara MacGregor, founder of Hope Scarves. A cancer survivor herself, Lara decided to turn her difficult experience into something positive, and created an international non-profit organization that shares scarves, stories and hope with women facing cancer. Attendees will hear a powerful and inspiring story from a woman leader and founder of an international non-profit.
We will also kick-off our Scarf & Story Drive that night. There are four ways to donate:
1. Scarf donated from a non-cancer survivor
2. Scarf with a story from a cancer survivor
3. A story from a cancer survivor that doesn’t have a scarf
4. A monetary donation to Hope Scarves
*(The ideal size of a Hope Scarf is 30" square or larger.)
Please bring your donation at our October 5th meeting but we will continue our drive from October 5-30th.
*More info about our drive: Scarf & Story Drive
Megan Tracy, Marketing and PR Coordinator at Baptist Health Richmond.
Title: Paint the Town Pink Breast Cancer Awareness
About the Presentation: The 6th Annual Paint the Town Pink will be October 1-October 31. Paint the Town Pink is a month-long celebration to raise awareness about cancer to both men and women as they shop, dine and visit their daily and weekly businesses. The goals for Paint the Town Pink are:
- To encourage all women in our community, aged 40 and older, to have their annual mammogram.
- To raise money for local cancer charities.
- To make a difference in the lives of those in our community.
- To come together as a community for a cause!
*We’ll also be talking about the Business Babes’ Pink Door Contest where local business dress up their door for the Paint the Town Pink celebration. Top three doors judged by the Babes will win prizes!
3. Other News: Announcements and updates.
4. BABES ON THE SPOT: Each babe and meeting guest have 20-30 seconds to introduce themselves and their business to the group, as well as any exciting news or specials regarding their business.
- Welcome new members.
- Go over plans for Chocolate Soiree
- Go over plans for Spoonbread Festival and CityFest
- New by-laws available
- Pink Door Contest
5. NETWORKING AFTER THE MEETING: Stay after to meeting and get to know the other Business Babes. Its a great way to network with other business owners, pass out your cards, fliers and/or promotions to the members & visitors.
- Shannon Brewer
- Marilyn Chapman (will be donating 50% of select item sales to Hope's Scarves)
Thank you to our Meeting Sponsors. If you'd like to sponsor a future meeting, EMAIL BUSINESS BABES