LOCATION: We will be meeting at the Central Bank, 350 West Main Street, Richmond, KY for our meetings (Jan-Nov). The meeting starts at 7:00pm, but come at 6:30pm to network beforehand.
The Chick Chat Agenda
1. Introduction of Guests & Members: All in attendance will have the opportunity to introduce themselves and their businesses to the group and the speaker. This is a great way to 'break the ice' to initiate an evening of successful networking.
2. Speaker of the Month: M. Suzanne Van Wert, Attorney-Mediator
Mediation & Conflict Resolution
About the Presentation: Mediation is a non-adversarial, voluntary, confidential process that is based upon the self-determination of the parties, in which a neutral third party assists the disputing parties in communicating with one another to negotiate a satisfactory resolution of the parties’ conflict. The key is that mediation is non-adversarial. It is not like going to court and presenting position to the judge. Rather, it is a conversation between parties who are involved in a conflict, and the parties are the ones in control of that conversation, not the mediator.
About the Speaker:
Suzanne Van Wert practiced law in the areas of business and estate planning, intellectual technology, and equine law for a decade, before founding Lexington Mediation, a company providing resolution services for a variety of businesses and individuals.
As a practicing attorney, Ms. Van Wert has represented a broad spectrum of business clients, including Web site design and search engine optimization companies, online service providers, retail stores, engineering companies, health service providers, investment companies, insurance firms, an international telecommunications company, and horse boarding, training and breeding farms. Her background in business also enables her to understand complicated domestic and estate matters, including those with complex property and business issues.
Originally from Tennessee, Ms. Van Wert served as a member of the United States Army Reserves from 1987 until 1993. She is a resident of Lexington, and is an avid horsewoman who enjoys both fox hunting and trail riding. More info.
3. Organization Updates: Updates and News from the President, the Treasurer, the Secretary, as well as committee updates from Membership, Community Outreach, Scholarship and Communications.
3. Other News: Announcements and updates.
The President, Joyce Green will introduce and welcome any new members. And she will announce any news or updates for upcoming events, changes or community news.
5. NETWORKING AFTER THE MEETING: Stay after to meeting and get to know the other Business Babes. Its a great way to network with other business owners, pass out your cards, fliers and/or promotions to the members & visitors.
- Crystal Walker, Ind. Travel Agent
- Melanie Traicoff, AILIM Global Consulting
- Shannon Brewer, Younique Independent Presenter
Non-Profit of the Month:
Thank you to our Meeting Sponsors. If you'd like to sponsor a future meeting, EMAIL BUSINESS BABES