LOCATION: We will be meeting at the Central Bank, 350 West Main Street, Richmond, KY for our meetings (Jan-Nov). The meeting starts at 7:00pm, but come at 6:30pm to network beforehand.
The Chick Chat Agenda
1. Introduction of Guests & Members: All in attendance will have the opportunity to introduce themselves and their businesses to the group and the speaker. This is a great way to 'break the ice' to initiate an evening of successful networking.
2. Speaker of the Month: Thomas M. Martin, Ph.D., Executive Director of Center for Economic Development, Entrepreneurship & Technology (CEDET)
CEDET, A Small Business Resource in Madison County
About the Presentation:
We will learn about CEDET and its role in promoting and support small business in our community. We currently have 50+ members in Madison County that are women-owned small businesses in Madison County and surrounding counties. We’d love to hear about: (1) the purpose, mission and goals of CEDET, (2) how it works with small businesses and entrepreneurs in our local community, (3) about the CEDET programs and processes that promote economic development in our community.
About the Speaker:
Dr. Thomas M. Martin is the Executive Director of the Center for Economic Development, Entrepreneurship & Technology (CEDET) at Eastern Kentucky University. CEDET provides guidance and assists EKU faculty and staff, along with communities, entrepreneurs, businesses, industries, institutions and government with accelerating innovation and economic development. Prior to his appointment, Dr. Martin was Senior Fellow for Research and Economic Policy at the Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education. Dr. Martin earned his doctorate in Political Science from the University of Kentucky in 2008, an MBA from Eastern Kentucky University in 2001, and was a Visiting Professor of Government at Eastern Kentucky University from 2008-2011. He is a member of the Kentucky Statewide EPSCoR Committee, Kentucky Campus Compact, on the Board of Advisors for At The Gap Solutions, and President of the Eastern Kentucky University International Alumni Association. Dr. Martin and his wife Veronica reside in Danville, Kentucky. They have three children, Brandi 21, Daniel 20, and Grace 17.
3. Organization Updates: Updates and News from the President, the Treasurer, the Secretary, as well as committee updates from Membership, Community Outreach, Scholarship and Communications.
3. Other News: Announcements and updates.
The President, Joyce Green will introduce and welcome any new members. And she will announce any news or updates for upcoming events, changes or community news.
5. NETWORKING AFTER THE MEETING: Stay after to meeting and get to know the other Business Babes. Its a great way to network with other business owners, pass out your cards, fliers and/or promotions to the members & visitors.
- Joyce Green - Jordan Hill Farm
- Debbie Alexander - CPR Richmond KY
- Nancy Wray - HairMasters Salon & Spa
Non-Profit of the Month:
- God's Outreach Madison County Food Bank (Joyce Gullet) about their August Backpack Program. More info: godsoutreach.org
Thank you to our Meeting Sponsors. If you'd like to sponsor a future meeting, EMAIL BUSINESS BABES